If you've made it this far, you've managed to get everything running. Congratulations :)
Here's some useful information on how to use Touchpad Pro v4:
- Click with a quick tap
- Right-click with a quick two fingered tap
- Scroll with two fingered vertical swipes
- Present PowerPoint with two fingered horizontal swipes
- Zoom by pinching with two fingers
- Type by clicking on the keyboard icon
You can scroll the remote horizontally to reveal extra buttons -- such as the function keys, and a numeric keypad. In an upcoming release, you'll be able to customize these buttons yourself!
There's now a Windows button which requires Touchpad Media Server to work. You can use it in conjunction with the keyboard for standard shortcuts -- for instance, Windows-D will display the desktop.
The modifiers (e.g., Shift / Control / etc.) work like the Caps key on the iPhone keyboard. If you press the button once, it will glow -- meaning that it's only going to be on for the next single keypress. So if you press Control and then C, it'll fire Ctrl-C, and then Control will go off. If you want to keep a modifier on, double click it -- that'll make it blue, which means that it's on until you click it again to turn it off.
DetailsHere's what each of the advanced gestures / buttons result in:
- Scroll: Mousewheel Up / Down
- Zoom: Ctrl-Plus / Ctrl-Minus
- Horizontal Swipe: Left/Right Arrow Keys
- Arrows: Arrow Keys
- OK: Enter
- Right-click: Command-Click.
- Zoom: Cmd-Opt-Equals / Cmd-Opt-Minus -- does Universal Zoom!
Remember, you can combine Shift/Ctrl/Alt with each command. For example:
- To navigate your browser history, you can enable Alt, and then use horizontal swipes or the arrow keys (Alt-Left / Alt-Right)
- To press Ctrl-C, enable Ctrl, and then press C on the on-screen keyboard
- To press Alt-F4, enable Alt, and then F4 on the Remote Control function keypad
- To launch Windows Task Manager, enable Ctrl and Shift, and then press Esc on the Remote Control
- To press Ctrl-Alt-Del, enable Ctrl and Alt, and then Del on the Remote Control numeric keypad