Setting up Touchpad Pro on your iPhone or iPod Touch involves a number of simple steps:
- Make sure you try this only on firmware 1.1.4 or less. If your device has the App Store icon, you cannot get Touchpad Pro working on it at this time.
- Once you're sure you have firmware 1.1.4 or less, if you have the Installer application on your device, move on to step 3. Otherwise, you need to jailbreak your device. Jailbreaking (aka "software unlocking") is safe and easily reversible. Follow these steps to unlock your device.
- Start Installer and click on the Install button. Go to Utilities. Touchpad Pro should already be there. Select Touchpad Pro and tap the Install button.
- If it isn't there, go to Install and then Sources, and then add Community Sources. Touchpad Pro should now be in the Utilities list. Still can't find it?
- Remember, if you have the App Store icon on your device, that means you're on the new firmware, and cannot use Touchpad Pro! If you're sure you have the older firmware and still can't find the app, go to the Sources tab at the bottom right corner of the screen, tap Edit, then Add, and then type http://iphone.sleepers.net/repo.xml and tap OK. Go back to step 2.
You can now move onto the Windows setup or Mac setup instructions, or go back to the main menu of setup instructions.