If you're having trouble connecting to either TightVNC or Touchpad Media Server, go through the following checklist:
- If you're not running TightVNC 1.3.9, uninstall your existing VNC server and install TightVNC 1.3.9. Seriously, you'd be surprised at how many people miss this step, thinking that their VNC server couldn't be the problem.
- If you're using Vista, and are seeing a black screen, disable Aero.
- Double-click the TightVNC icon in the status bar, and see what the main port number is set to.
If it's anything other than 5900, for instance 5901, you'll need to go to the Edit Server screen in Touchpad Pro, and add :5901 to your address as shown below:
- Configure your firewall. If your port number is not 5900, make sure that you use your actual port number (e.g. 5901) in step 8.
- If you're seeing a black screen even after buying ScreenView, you've probably forgotten to turn on ScreenView. In Touchpad Pro, tap the blue icon next to your server name, and then set ScreenView to On or Hi-Def (for higher color quality).
Unforunately, it is not possible to offer tech support to non-paying users.