Now that you've got Touchpad Pro up and running, you need to connect to a Server. This is a program running on your PC/Mac that'll allow you to control it. Once you've set up your PC/Mac, you'll have to add the server's name, address and vnc password to Touchpad Pro to connect.
- Installing VNC Server
- If you're running Windows:
- Download TightVNC and install it.
- If there's no icon with a V on the bottom right corner of the screen, find TightVNC in your Start Menu > Programs folder, and click on Launch VNC Server.
- Set the password to something you'll remember.
- Hover your mouse over the V icon on the bottom right corner of the screen, and write down the IP address that comes up.
- You already have VNC installed, but it's called Screen Sharing or Apple Remote Desktop. Go to System Preferences, and then Sharing.
- Turn on Screen Sharing (or "Apple Remote Desktop" on older Macs); you'll be given a host name or an IP address, write this down.
- Turn on VNC viewer controls in the Settings box, and give it a password you'll remember.
- Click on the + icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Enter anything for the name, e.g., homepc
- Enter the IP address or host name you wrote down earlier. This can either be four numbers with dots, e.g., 192.168.1.42, or one or more words, e.g., yourhost.lan
- Enter the password you were supposed to remember
- Click Save
p.s. Special thanks to Archetype for the Mac instructions that I liberally borrowed from!